Biomedical Refrigerators and Freezers Application Specific Preservation
The MPR Series of biomedical refrigerators with freezer combos bring together Panasonic’s high performance refrigeration systems and microprocessor controls, alarm and monitoring sensors, and superbly engineered ergonomic and cost-effective cabinet design. Useful for a variety of applications, the MPR series is most popular amongst clinicians and researchers for vaccine storage. Variation in temperature and failure to follow proper storage and monitoring requirements can drastically affect the efficacy of vaccines resulting in millions of dollars of wasted product.
Vaccine Storage Requirements
- Maintain required temperature range throughout the year
- Separate doors for refrigerator and freeze
- Large enough to hold year’s largest vaccine inventory
- Dedicated to biological samples
Key Advantages of MPR Series for Vaccine Storage
• Accurate temperature sensors maintain a set temperature within 2°C to 8°C (refrigerator) and -20°C to -30°C (freezer) temperature range
• Refrigerator evaporator operates at above freezing temperatures, therefore reducing the need for defrost
• Alarms and temperature monitoring for quick notification of adverse operating conditions
• Fan-forced air circulation for precise temperature uniformity in the refrigerator
• Minimal fluctuations and efficient temperature recovery properties
Separate Refrigeration Systems
Separate refrigeration systems and compressors allow differential control of individual refrigerator and freezer compartments, allowing freezer section to maintain temperatures as low as -30°C
MPR refrigeration systems are designed with the safety of the stored product in mind and meets regulatory guidelines for vaccine and biologicals.
- Ideal biologic storage environment for precise control and superior temperature uniformity
- Microprocessor controller and interior forced air circulation
- Safe and secure storage including key and lock
- Integrated alarm functions, remote alarm contacts and monitoring
All MPR Series include comprehensive set-point, alarm, monitoring and diagnostic functions based on a microprocessor controller with digital display of all input and output functions.
Unique cycle defrost (refrigerator only) initiates only as required and maintains internal temperature uniformity without fluctuation that may be caused by defrost cycles.